1. Typical design velocity for low viscosity liquids on the pressure side of the pump is 9-12 ft/s;
2. To minimize friction loss with viscous fluids use a lower velocity.
3. For pump systems with very long pipes use a lower velocity to minimize friction loss or a larger diameter pipe.
4. Design velocity for slurries with high solids content may be higher than for liquids with no solids to prevent settling of the solids in the pipe;
5. The variable d represents the inside diameter of the pipe;
6. This app is intended to be used for educational purposes, the author takes no responsibility.
J. Chaurette June 6, 2018
Copyright 2019, PumpFundamentals.com